|Join Hub247 Affiliate Forum / LOGIN! / Reviews by Users / Testimonials By Users|
Stats: 25 members, 750 topics. Date: Monday, 27th January 2020
UK PM Favourite Boris Johnson Vows To Deliver Brexit / Pendarovski sworn in as new North Macedonia president / Malta rescues 85 migrants from sinking boat / Russian military to be strengthened – Putin / Pope Urges European Leaders To Address Wealth Inequality, Low Birth Rates /
(4 ) (Reply)
|EU to shield its companies in Cuba via WTO by Investopedia: 1:28 pm On May 2, 2019|
The European Union could take the United States to the World Trade Organization or use retaliatory sanctions to protect its companies in Cuba after President Donald Trump lifted a ban on U.S. citizens filing lawsuits against investors there.
“The EU considers the extra-territorial application of unilateral restrictive measures to be contrary to international law and will draw on all appropriate measures,” the EU’s foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini said in a statement.
Mogherini said those steps could include a World Trade Organization case on the issue or using a “Blocking Statute” that allows EU companies sued in the United States to recover any damages from U.S. claimants in EU courts.
Mogherini said the EU would also seek support from other countries, although she did not name them. European, as well as Canadian companies, have invested in Cuba’s tourism and energy sectors and Trump’s decision is likely to further strain ties.
The Trump administration last month lifted a long-standing ban against U.S. citizens filing lawsuits against foreign companies that use properties seized by Cuba’s Communist government since Fidel Castro’s 1959 revolution.
The major policy shift, which the State Department said could draw hundreds of thousands of legal claims worth tens of billions of dollars, is intended to intensify pressure on Havana at a time Washington is demanding an end to Cuban support for Venezuela’s socialist president, Nicolas Maduro.
You get ₦2 for every well-constructive comment you drop.
|Re: EU to shield its companies in Cuba via WTO by Adenike Senbanjo: 7:36 am On May 13, 2019|
Thank you so much for the update and for your information.
|Re: EU to shield its companies in Cuba via WTO by Senbanjo Adekunle: 1:48 am On May 26, 2019|
Thank you for the update and for your information.
|Re: EU to shield its companies in Cuba via WTO by Osetayo Esther: 11:23 pm On June 22, 2019|
Thanks for the information.
|Re: EU to shield its companies in Cuba via WTO by SENBANJO Taiwo: 11:30 am On June 24, 2019|
Thanks for the update and the information
1. Please post all threads in the right section, and don't derail threads by posting off topic.
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.
3. Don't threaten, support or DEFEND violent acts against any person, tribe, race, animals, or group (e.g. rape).
4. Discussions of the art of love-making should be restricted to the hidden sexuality section.
5. Don't post pornographic or disgusting pictures or videos on any section of Hub247.
6. Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, success, or reputation of Hub247.
7. Don't post false information on Hub247.
8. Don't use Hub247 for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting secession.
9. Don't violate the privacy of any people e.g. by posting their private pics, info, or chats without permission.
10. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting imagesspaces, etc.
11. Please search the forum before creating a new thread on Hub247.
12. Don't attempt to post censored words by misspelling them.
13. Don't spam the forum by advertising in the wrong places or posting the same content many times.
14. Please spell words correctly when you post, and try to use perfect grammar and punctuation.
You must be logged in to post a comment.